When you show yourself love you actually attract more love into your life. Love doesn’t have to come from someone else, it has to come from you first. Doing purposeful actions to show yourself love attracts more loving and positive energy. Plus you feel so much happier. It’s the small actions that lead to a lifetime of self love. When learn to be kind to our bodies, our minds and our spirit, we attract others who want the same for us. We have more compassion and respect for ourselves when we intentionally treat ourselves with love.
Ever feel like you can’t find the love you want? You don’t need another person to make you feel that way. In fact, as a strong and confident person, you can give yourself all the love you need; it just takes a little self love. Here are activities that my friends and I have used to attract more loving energy into our lives. All you have to do is show yourself some love.
20 Ways to Show Yourself Some Love
- Buy yourself flowers. You deserve to have a beautiful arrangement to adorn your home. It feels so nice to walk into a room and remember that I bought those for myself and they are making me happy each time I smell or look at them.
- Use the nice towels or sheets. The ones you save for guests. Yeah, show yourself you are worthy of them too.
- Clean up your inbox. Delete everything that you are not currently using/working on and archive the others for future reference. Clean up that energetic space to allow more love in, not SPAM.
- Attend a workshop or class. Have you always wanted to try that class that your friends attend on Facebook? Are you eager to try a new technique in something you’re interested in? Find what calls you and seek out a mentor, group, or workshop where you can immerse yourself. Learn more at Course Horse.
- Put fruit slices in your water. Every sip of water can feel like you are at the spa with lemon, lime, apple or cucumbers. Plus you’re showing your body some love too.
- Say no. Don’t get sucked into something that depletes your energy. Self love is about positive vibes. Need help saying no or being assertive? Check out my book for tips on saying no and being assertive.
- Play with an animal and feel their loving energy. Remind yourself you are giving and receiving love, even puppy love.
- Smile. Take if from Nat King Cole. When you smile, you start seeing things a little differently.
- Get an essential oil diffuser. Fill your home with a grounding or invigorating scent, essential oils are seriously powerful. Get the benefits of oil aromatherapy without leaving your place. I’ve been so much happier since using an essential oil diffuser both at home and in my office.
- Have a mid-day dance party. No, really. Trust me. Try this playlist for some girl power.
- Watch your favorite movie from childhood. The Wizard of Oz anyone? That was my favorite. It helps you connect with the child inside you who deserves love, plus its fun.
- Take a nap. If you’re living in today’s hectic world, you’re definitely sleep deprived. So, take a nap, catch up on some sleep and take a break from everything else.
- Take a bath. Bubbles and a cup of tea always helps me connect with my thoughts and relax.
- Write a letter to someone you love. That’s how Valentine’s Day started. It doesn’t have to be someone you are romantically in love with; try writing a letter to your sister or best friend.
- Breathe. Stop in the middle of your day, become aware of your breath, and take 5 long inhales and exhales.
- Write yourself a letter. Write down all the things you love about yourself. Go ahead.
- Take Yourself to a Movie. The best way to enjoy a movie is with popcorn and without people talking right? Go get a ticket, no one will notice you are there alone and who cares?! It’s about showing yourself a good time with or without a companion.
- Connect with nature. The sky, the trees, the flowers, the birds. Mindfulness and awareness of nature helps you feel connected to the universe and feel loving energy from the earth.
- Get a journal. Go to the bookstore and pick out something you would want to write in. Splurge, your thoughts deserve a sacred space don’t they?
- Take it easy. Don’t rush, do things one at a time. You are not always in a hurry. Remind yourself that the faster you go, doesn’t mean the better you are. The more mindful and loving you are, the better you will feel.
It’s a great day to start showing yourself some love. So why don’t you?
* * * * *
Emily Roberts MA, LPC is The Guidance Girl. Her goal is to help YOU become the most confident person you know! Emily is an award-winning author Express Yourself: A Teen Girls Guide to Speaking Up and Becoming Who You Are, Psychotherapist, TV & Media Contributor, Educational Speaker, and parenting consultant. She travels around the country educating girls, women, and parents. Express Yourself is available at bookstores nationwide and on Amazon. To learn more about Emily click here.