Stress is everywhere and impacts your child, teen, clients, and your ability to parent effectively. Due to poor diets, stressful lives, high expectations, and a lack of understanding on what a child today needs to thrive, the Children’s Health & Teen Summit was created. Over 27 experts including myself are available online during November 3-10th to talk about solutions. My talk: Are Our Children Wired, Disconnected, Unreachable? Will be available all day Wednesday November 5th. I’ll be talking about self esteem and confidence in teens, effects of the internet on the developing brain and behavior, what is a media diet and why do some teens need to go on one.
This an awesome line up. Register and listen for free to The Summit here.
What Is The Summit All About?
Carla Atherton created The Children’s & Teen Health Summit for parents, professionals, and the children and teens they care for. This free, online event will address a diverse buffet of topics during a week of interviews with leading experts in many health fields. That’s right you can listen online everyday at a time that fits your schedule.
- Allow what comes naturally to your children: vitality, happiness and whole health
- Be the best parent you can be and pass that well-being on to your children
- Encourage lifelong learning
- Explore the adolescent brain and talking to teens
- Understand the effects of our youth becoming “wired”
- Get to the root of the common health complaints of your children
- Learn more about the (not so) basics of health: oral, food sensitivities, digestion, sugar addiction
- Demystify mood, emotion and connectedness in mind, body and soul
- Care for our children and teens more effectively
- Empower yourself and your children!
- And much more!
Who Are the Experts Speaking at The Summit?
Click the banner below to see the whole line up! Each day new experts speak on topics important to you, your clients, and your families.
DAN SIEGEL, M.D., Founding co-director of the Mindful Awareness Research Center, Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute, lecturer, author, and one of my personal favorite educators on trauma, the brain, and parenting!
Dr. Siegel will be presenting The Adolescent Mind: Understanding and Relating to Our Youth
- Myths about adolescents
- How relationships shape us
- Brain development in the teen years
Top Health Challenges of our Boys and Girls and How to Address Them Using Natural, Holistic Methods
- Challenges for boys: learning disabilities, sleep, skin, immune problems
- Challenges for girls: digestive, skin, immune, hormonal, menstrual
- Integrated health care perspective
TOM O’BRYAN, DC, Lecturer, workshop leader, gluten expert
Is Gluten Destroying Our Children’s Brains and Bodies?
- Is gluten sensitivity/celiac disease a fad?
- Learn more about autoimmunity and gluten
- Gluten’s dangerous effects on our children’s brains
CLIFF HODGES, Entrepreneur, fitness expert, CEO and Founder of Adventure Out LLC, and the owner of CrossFit West LLC
Adventure and Survival, Both In Nature and Civilization
- Survival and adventuring
- How a connection to nature fosters stewardship for the environment
- Importance of being wild for adults, as well!
PAM MACHEMEHL HELMLY, CN, Chief executive officer of Neurogistics
A Balanced Brain Makes for a Balanced Child
- Common brain imbalances in children and teens
- Effects of imbalances: depression, mood, behavior
- Keeping our children’s brains balanced
And many more experts on health, wellness, diet, nutrition, and living a healthy life.
How Do I Register
Empower yourself and your children to live a vital, balanced, healthy life at the Children’s & Teen Health Summit, free and online from November 3-11. Join me by registering here today!
* * * * *
Emily Roberts MA, LPC is The Guidance Girl. Her goal is to help YOU become the most confident person you know! Emily is an award-winning author Express Yourself: A Teen Girls Guide to Speaking Up and Becoming Who You Are, Psychotherapist, TV & Media Contributor, Educational Speaker, and parenting consultant. She travels around the country educating girls, women, and parents. Express Yourself is available at bookstores nationwide and on Amazon. To learn more about Emily click here.